Sunday, November 9, 2008

Is Applebee's a ghetto magnet???

Last night I went to Applebee's with some fam for some dessert and it had to be the worst time I have had in a long time.  We entered the restaurant and you could tell right off the bat this was going to be an interesting trip.  Granted, it was Saturday and around 8pm, but still is this really where people flock to?  I realize this is not considered a "5 star" establishment but this place was poppin.  We sat down at a booth that was obviously sticky from the last group and we were surrounded by 2 very large families, each who had kids they just let wander around and do what they want.  Directly behind our booth was a table of all kids and I am talking the most poor mannered children you have ever seen.  I love kids so this is brutal for me to witness.  I really cannot give the full blame to the children, the parents are mostly to blame for their poor parenting skills.  Anyway, when this family finally left there was a garbage heap under and on the kids table that the employees had to move the table to clean up, disgusting.  Add insult to injury, the lady handed the waiter the bill and shorted him $2, LOL, I mean are you serious?  My experience grew better when this family left, but this was amazing.  We ordered coffee and dessert, for some reason it took almost 30 minutes for the dessert to arrive to the table, I am guessing they had to bake the cake and brownie...LAME.  I was not in the mood to complain because it would have came out rather beastly.  I can almost say I will not go to this place again, not just because of the service, but the type of people it attracts.  I am far from high class but this was crazy.  I could get into race and culture issues, but why?  There are ghettoistic people in every breed.  Why Applebees, why?  For a place I used to work at, and has decent food this was a nightmare.  

No comments: