Friday, November 7, 2008

Hockey is an interesting sport

Interesting that my first blog is about a game that I am not to familiar with.  Tonight my wife and I went to the "Shark Tank" to see the San Jose Sharks face off against the St. Louis Blues.  Talk about sensory overload.  I am a baseball man myself, GO GIANTS, but all sports have an interest to me.  As I watched the game, the rules were not to clear, a whistle would blow, a player would be sent to the box, rinse and repeat.  The game was very exciting with all the physical punishment that was taking place, but really, this seemed like soccer on ice to me.  What made the game so much more was the fans in the sold out stadium, a total of 17,564 at this game all shouting in unison phrases like; you suck, Lets go Sharks, and some profane words as well.  The unity was something that was awesome, but then the instant backlash of people on their own team was lame (you can see similar treatment to the Oakland Raider's).  For my first game this was great, not only did the Sharks win, but the game went into OT with a shoot out at the end.  I cannot say I am a die hard hockey fan as of yet, but this is definitely a sport worth paying attention to. 

No comments: